The Flagship University of Orel region at Moscow International Education Fair 2019
On April 10-13, Moscow hosted Moscow International Education Fair 2019, organized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, ANO Directorate of MIEF, JSC VDNH.
MIEF-2019 is more than 50 thousand visitors; large-scale exhibition in the field of education of more than 20 thousand square meters; a major education forum with over 1,000 events. The participants of the Fair are traditionally federal and regional officials, ministries, departments, educational organizations of Russia and foreign countries, as well as commercial organizations producing equipment, software, training materials and equipment for the education sector.
This year it was the entire implementation of “Education Week” concept development project of MIEF with the theme “NEW SUBJECTIVITY OF EDUCATION. TRANSITION POINT".
Orel State University named after I.S. Turgenev, seeking to find new trends in education and science and generating technologies and innovations, presented its potential and developments at the Fair. At the University display booth, key results were demonstrated in priority areas for the University, best practices in education and innovation, scientific advances and new technologies, new developments by interdisciplinary University teams and project teams. These are strategic projects within the framework of the Development Program: Basic Institute for Project Learning, International Laboratory of Nutrition; Research and Development Center of Biomedical Photonics, etc .; student projects of the full life cycle of the base department "Automated Control Systems and Cybernetics", the development of scientists of the Institute of Natural Sciences and Biotechnology.
The University delegation was represented by:
• Olga Pilipenko, Rector of OSU named after I.S. Turgenev;
• Alexander Koskin, Director of Informatization and Perspective Development Department;
• Vladimir Prokokhin, Director of the Project Office;
• Andrey Zhidikin, Director of the Karachev branch of OSU named after I.S. Turgenev;
• Natalya Berezina, head of the Food Technology and Catering Department;
• Nail Sharifov, Head of the production sector of the Department of Automated Control Systems and Cybernetics.
Alexander Pilipenko, the Head of the Department of Automated Control Systems and Cybernetics, also took part as a speaker in the panel discussion “Personnel for Innovative Economy: Transformation of the Educational Process”.
The following roundtables and panel discussions were among the priorities for the University delegation:
• “Improving the accessibility and quality of higher education for persons with disabilities”;
• “Regional models of staffing the economy”;
• “Increasing the global competitiveness of Russian universities”;
• “National Research Universities: Category and / or Project Framework”;
• “Education National Project and the results of international comparative studies”;
• "Basic universities in the development of territories and industries";
• “Education National Project for life”;
• “Life-long education”: the role and place of universities in the system of continuous development of human capital”;
• “Architecture of the Education National Project”: infrastructure facilities and staffing of events”.
• “Education on business demand: in search of the dream university”;
• “Higher education based on data: personalization, customer focus, flexibility, continuity”;
• “Digital University as a Service”;
• “Improving the efficiency of resource management of an educational organization in the context of the implementation of the national project “Education””;
• “How to join the global research agenda, overcoming the Path Dependence and low density of human capital”;
• “The third mission” of the university: mechanisms of social project activity of youth for the development of territories and local communities”;
• “Portrait of a talented undergraduate: Olympiad, portfolio, confirmed recommendations”.
• “Designing the Global Education program version 2.0.”
• “Working with gifted children in the region: how to overcome the “Hunt for indicators” and create conditions for realizing the potential of each child”;
• “The international reputation of Russian universities: we enter foreign markets”;
• "The use of data in the design of the educational process";
• “Management Model of the regional system of additional education in the context of the implementation of the national project “Education”: analysis of successful and promising regional experience”;
• “Principles of decomposition of national projects “Science” and “Education”: the role of universities in achieving indicators (Ministry of Education and Science of Russia)”.
• “We work with applicants: branding, professional navigation, non-standard solutions, adaptation”;
• “Personnel for an innovative economy: transformation of the educational process”;
• “Digital transformation of higher education: adaptability, flexibility, personification”.
The key event for the Flagship University in the first days of the Fair was the panel discussion “Supporting universities in the development of territories and industries”. The event was organized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation and the National Training Foundation. This meeting gathered representatives of the ministry, regional authorities, development institutions and rectors of Flagship universities at the site of the Aristotle hall.
During the discussion, participants discussed the following topics::
• Current results of the implementation of Flagship universities development programs;
• Flagship universities in the framework of the priority project. Approaches to the adjustment of the model, the main characteristics and activities of Flagship universities;
• Expansion of the Flagship university model to branch regional universities. Features and advantages of the industry model;
• Experience of implementing the regional flagship university model by universities from another category of universities (NRU, Federal universities);
• The role of Flagship university in the development of the urban environment and the creative potential of the region;
• Why does the Region need the Flagship University? The expectations and support of the region;
• University as a center of competence for the digital economy;
• The main aspects of strategy formation for the interaction of flagship universities with business and industrial partners.
At this meeting, the director of the Department for the Coordination of Activities of Higher Education Organizations of the Ministry of Education and Science E.G. Babeluk announced the holding of the third stage of the competitive selection of flagship universities in 2019. The main priority in the current wave of the competition of flagship universities is aimed at selecting universities for training personnel for the basic sectors of the economy and the social sphere (to solve industry and regional tasks).
The Moscow International Education Fair has become a serious platform for establishing links between the Flagship University and universities - fair participants, educational organizations and institutions, commercial structures and enterprises working in the field of creating high-tech educational systems and digital intelligent education technologies of the future. Visiting university expositions allowed to get acquainted with the experience and activities of educational institutions, their developments and advanced modern technologies in the field of science and education. Representatives of the university actively participated in panel discussions and round tables, asked questions, were interested in the professional opinions of colleagues, shared their experience and knowledge; spoke about the best practices of transformation and modernization of education in the region.
During the days of the Moscow International Education Fair 2019, representatives of the University were able to find new partners for the implementation of projects in the field of education and science, get acquainted with the most modern technologies of training and education and strengthen the brand of I.S. Turgenev, which is already well recognizable among visitors to the exhibition.
All-Russian Conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Orel State University and the 20th anniversary of the Medical Institute took place on April 11-12, 2019
All-Russian Jubilee Scientific and Practical Conference with international participation, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of OSU and the 20th anniversary of the Medical Institute called “Andreev’s Readings. Translational medicine. Experience of scientific research in clinical practice” took place at Orel State University named after I.S. Turgenev.
The Conference began with the exhibition of OSU scientific library called “About the past for the future”. The participants and guests of the Conference got acquainted with the medical literature of the late XIX and early XX centuries. Great interest was caused by lifetime editions of famous medical scientists such as I. M. Sechenov, I. I. Mechnikov, I. P. Pavlov and many others. In addition, the structural units of the Flagship University also took part in the exhibition. Many of them presented their developments, which were discussed as part of their speech at the Conference.
According to the results of the preliminary calculation, more than 500 participants registered as attendees of the Conference. Such a large number of people barely fit on the largest site of the University - the Assembly Hall of the Fundamental Library.
“I want to congratulate everyone on this important event in the history of our Medical Institute, I am confident that this Conference will contribute to the further development of medical education, science and practice in Orel region. I want to wish you all successful and fruitful work, interesting and useful communication!", welcomed Irina Snimshchikova, director of the Medical Institute.
“Good afternoon, dear guests, colleagues. On behalf of the University management, I am glad to welcome all of you within our walls at such an outstanding conference. Almost always, experts in a certain field believe that their business is the most important thing. Without builders there would be no houses, without machine builders, whom I myself am, there would be no automation and various mechanisms, structures. But in fact, it is simply impossible to compete with doctors. It is impossible to live without medicine. Such an event, I believe, is of particular importance for our University, for our region. I want to wish an interesting work to all the conference participants! ”– said Sergey Radchenko, Vice-Rector for Scientific and Technological Activity and Academic Personnel Audit.
The possibility of developing translational medicine is the “competitive” advantage of the Flagship University. The fact is that the Medical Institute is a part of the University and gets the opportunity to receive a synergistic effect from cooperation with a large number of specialists in various areas. If we talk about numbers, there are currently more than 300 fields of study at the University, which almost completely cover the professional pool.
The first brainchildren of such a synergistic effect already exist. Thus, the International Quality of Life Laboratory was created at the University, which united humanitarians, physicians, and biologists under the guidance of the Nobel Prize Winner Riccardo Valentini. We should also mention the successes of Research and Development Center of Biomedical Photonics in the field of using the method of laser Doppler flowmetry, which allows non-invasive diagnosis of a wide range of diseases.
The Flagship University has so much to say its colleagues. But OSU experts is always learning and trying to progress in the most relevant areas of translational medicine. That is why the Conference Program included the following workshop sessions:
• Current issues of obstetrics & gynaecology;
• Current issues of clinical medicine;
• Current issues of immunology and experimental medicine;
• Current issues of robotics in medicine;
• Translational technologies in medicine;
• Current issues of the organization of health care, training of medical personnel and medical education;
• Current issues of pharmacology, pharmacognosy and pharmacoeconomics.
The second day of the Conference will be devoted to young scientists scientific research - two sections are organized for them, in which students, graduate students and residents will present their reports to "senior colleagues" and receive feedback. There is also a poster session of young scientists in the hall of the Fundamental Library.
The Conference will end with a Round Table In Memory of I.A. Andreev. The Faculty members will once again recall the first director of the Medical Institute, will tell the listeners about the formation and development of one of the largest structural subdivisions of the Flagship University.